JIPMER MBBS 2019– The Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) will be inviting applications from candidates to offer admissions in MBBS programmes through JIPMER MBBS 2019. A computer-based entrance test will be conducted by the Institute for this purpose. The selected applicants will be granted admissions in the Karaikal & Puducherry campus. The interested candidates can apply via the JIPMER MBBS application form releasing tentatively in the month of March. The complete details of JIPMER MBBS 2019 exam such as application form, eligibility requirements, etc. is given in this article.
JIPMER MBBS 2019 Latest Notification: Exam Dates Announced
JIPMER 2019 official dates have been announced now. Please check it below in the table.
JIPMER MBBS 2019 Important Dates
The date for JIPMER MBBS 2019 has been shown in the following table. The dates assigned to the respective events are subject to change as per the discretion of the Institute.
|Availability of online application form||6th March 2019|
|Last date to submit application form||12th April 2019|
|Issue of admit card||4th week of May 2019|
|Exam date||2nd June 2019|
|Publication of merit list||June 2019, 3rd week|
|First counseling||26th to 28th June 2019|
|Second counseling||24th July 2019|
|Third counseling||21st August 2019|
|Final counseling||26th September 2019|
|Admission formalities||1st week of July 2019|
|Issue of admission letter||1st week of July 2019|
|Commencement of course||1st week of July 2019|
|Closing of admission process||30th September 2019|
JIPMER MBBS 2019 Application Form
Candidates, who want to submit the JIPMER MBBS application form need to follow the guidelines as given in the points below:
- Application form for JIPMER MBBS 2019 admission can be submitted through the online mode only.
- The candidates will have to register themselves by providing their basic details, correct email id and contact number. User id and password will be sent to registered mail/contact number that will be used to complete the application process.
- The application form will be completed by providing the details asked and uploading the scanned copies of category and disability certificates (if possible) along with the signature and photo.
Specification of documents to be uploaded:
|Caste/Community/OPH certificate (whichever applicable)||JPG/ JPEG/PDF||800 kb (max.)|
After this step, the candidates will be redirected towards the payment gateway. The application fee can be paid through a credit card, debit card or net banking. The fee structure for candidates of different categories is given below:
|General (UR) and P-UR||Rs. 1500/-|
|OBC and P-OBC||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC/ST and P-SC/ST||Rs. 1200/-|
|OPH and P-OPH||Exempted from paying application fee|
*The applicants will also have to bear the transaction charges as applicable.
- Candidates need to take the printout of the application form for the future reference.
- No editing in the submitted form is possible. In case any error is discovered after the form submission, the candidate can submit a new application along with the application fee. The old filled-in form will be rejected automatically.
- Incomplete forms are liable to rejection.
JIPMER MBBS 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can be eligible to apply for JIPMER MBBS admission only if they fulfill the eligibility criteria as per the details given in the following points:
- Candidates should be an Indian National or Overseas Citizen of India.
- The applicants will be required to pass the higher/senior secondary examination, or equivalent, with subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology along with English. The given exam must be taken after a period of 12 years of study.
- Minimum marks obtained by the candidates in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology must be 60% (50% for the SC/ST/OBC/OPH category candidates). Individual pass in these subjects along with English is compulsory.
- Appearing candidates can also apply for JIPMER MBBS 2019.
- Candidates must have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete on or before 31st December 2019. There is no upper age limit.
JIPMER MBBS 2019 Exam Pattern
The JIPMER 2019 MBBS admission test will be conducted as per the exam pattern set by the Institute. The details of the exam pattern have been provided in the following points:
- The question paper will be of objective nature (multiple choice questions).
- The exam will be conducted through the online mode (computer-based test).
- The duration of the paper will be 2:30 hours.
- The medium of question paper will be English only.
- The number of questions in the exam will be 200.
- For every correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded.
- 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Subject||No. of questions||Total marks|
|English Language and Comprehension||10||40|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10||40|
The JIPMER MBBS 2019 exam can be conducted in a single shift or two shifts depending upon the number of applicants.
For single shift, timing will be 10:00 am to 12:30 pm.
For two shifts, morning shift timing will be 10:00 am to 12:30 pm and afternoon shift timing will be 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
The exact schedule may vary and will be updated after the release of official notification.
JIPMER MBBS Syllabus 2019
The questions for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination 2019 will be based on the syllabus as prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards.
JIPMER MBBS 2019 Admit Card
Candidates who register successfully will be able to download their JIPMER MBBS 2019 admit card. Candidates can download the admit card/hall ticket by entering their application number and password in the given fields. The admit card will contain the important details like Candidate’s name, date of birth, roll number, exam centre address, date, time and shift of the exam and photo and signature as uploaded by the candidate. It is mandatory for the candidate to bring their admit card while appearing for the examination. No candidate will be allowed to enter in the examination hall without a valid admit card and identification proof.
Only Aadhaar/ E-Aadhaar with validated digital signature or Passport will be considered as id proof. How3vwer, the candidates of Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu & Kashmir can bring the following identity proof:
- Bank Passbook with photograph
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Any other valid Government identity Proof with photograph
JIPMER MBBS Exam Center 2019
The JIPMER MBBS 2019 will be conducted in over 120 cities all over India. The candidates can choose 3 cities of their choice while filling the application form. As per the candidates’ preference, exam city will be allotted to them. However, in case of non-availability of seats, it may change. No request in the change of exam city will be entertained.
JIPMER MBBS Cut off
The cut off marks are the minimum qualifying percentile set by JIPMER Puducherry which candidates will have to score in order to qualify JIPMER MBBS 2019 exam. The JIPMER MBBS cutoff marks will be dependent on the various factors such as availability of seats, a total number of candidates, the difficulty level of exam and more.
JIPMER MBBS 2019 Result
The result of JIPMER MBBS 2019 will be declared on the basis of the percentile score. Candidates can check and download their JIPMER MBBS result from the official website. Those, who qualify the JIPMER MBBS with prescribed cutoff, will be invited to the counselling by the authority.
JIPMER MBBS Merit List 2019
A category-wise merit list will be prepared based on percentile score after the normalizing of score, if exam is held in two shifts. The NRI/OCI candidates who opted for admission under Self Financing Scheme at the time of application will only be considered for the merit list. The minimum percentile to be obtained for each category is given as:
Score Normalization and Percentile Score Calculation
To ensure that the marks obtained by the candidates appearing in the different exam shifts are comparable, normalization of the score is done.
The percentile score is calculated using the formula:
Percentile score = (No. of candidates from the group with aggregate mark less than a candidate X 100)/ No. of candidates in the Particular Shift
In case of a tie, preference will be given to the candidates in the following order:
- Candidate with less negative marks
- Candidate with higher percentile score in Biology
- Candidate with higher percentile score in Chemistry
- Candidate with higher percentile score in Physics
- Candidate with higher percentile score in English Language and Comprehension
- Candidate with higher percentile score in Logical & Quantitative Reasoning
- Candidates elder in age
JIPMER MBBS 2019 Counselling
It is expected that the process of counselling will commence in the month of June 2019. The shortlisted candidates will have to participate in the counselling in person at the venue, date and time reported in the call letter. Biometric finger print and image verification of the candidate will be done on the day of counseling. While appearing in the counselling candidates must carry the following documents in original along with one set of self-attested copies:
- Original Hall ticket and Rank Letter
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Pass Certificate and Statement of marks of the qualifying examination
- Character and Conduct Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Community Certificate (if applicable)
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Residence Certificate/Employer Certificate for Puducherry residents
- Medical Certificate (for OPH Candidate)
- Six Passport size color photographs
- NRI Status certificate of the parent or candidate issued by the Indian Embassy (for NRI candidates)
- Certificate of Registration (for Overseas Citizen of India)