Universal Medical College, also known as Universal College of Medical Sciences was established in the year 1998. It is a highly reputed medical college, regarded as pioneer institute in the field of Medicine and Dentistry courses in Nepal.
Initially, the college was constructed as an establishment for training the prominent medical professionals across the world. In less than a decade, the establishment developed into a most sought after medical college in Nepal. More than 2000 successful medical students graduated from this college, inclusive of graduate and post graduate courses practice medicine all over the world. It has become a learning centre of excellence and one of the pioneers in providing healthcare services.
UCMS has recognition from Indian Medical Council, Sri Lanka Medical Council and Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council. Eventually, it is one of the most sought after study abroad destinations for Indian student who wish to study MBBS abroad.
UCMS is located in the Bhairhwara, Nepal, in the district Rupandehi. This location has a spiritual association. It is located in the vicinity of the birth place of Lord Buddha, Lumbini.
Universal College of Medical Sciences is approved by the Medical Council of Nepal and affiliated to Tribuvan University.
UCMS offer undergraduate and post graduate medical courses.
Undergraduate courses include,
- B SC in Nursing
- B MLT
- B Pharmacy
Post graduate courses in MD/ MS includes the following specialties
- Clinical Anatomy
- Clinical Microbiology
- Clinical Pharmacology
Postgraduate medical course in dentistry
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Conservative and Endodontics
The college enrolls students based on merit performance, management quota and international quota.
- Applicants must have passed school education in 10 + 2 pattern from any recognized education board or any equivalent qualification recognized by universities.
- The major subject of study must be Biology, Physics and Chemistry
- Minimum qualifying marks for applying is 50 % in aggregate.
- The university conducts entrance exam for the applicants. The minimum eligibility score is 50 %
Students who secured 50% and above in all subjects can apply for admission in the direct quota.
Students who missed the timeline for submission of application or fail to meet the eligibility with minimum marks can apply for admission under Management Quota.
For international students, inclusive of Indian students, they can seek admission under NRI Quota, Nepal.
Highlights of the Medical College
- The college offers the curriculum and training for the students in the hospital as per the norms and regulations developed by Tribhuvan University.
- Air-conditioned, computerized and well-stuffed library with huge number of medical books, medical journals, CDs and other study materials. Every department has unique library.
- Students get access to 24 hours internet and wifi.
- Ten spacious lecture halls, fully air-conditioned, equipped with audio and visual systems.
- Studying MBBS in UCMS is approved by the Medical Council of India. The college campus as exclusive hostel facility for boys and girls with 24 hours security. Hostel is equipped with all amenities from high quality food to cafeteria.
- Multispecialty hospital with different healthcare services is attached to the college, where during final year of study students undergo their rotational training.