Career Options after 12th
Do you wish to pursue the best courses after 12th?
Are you searching for best career options after 12th?
It is estimated that around 900 universities & 41,000 colleges in India are offering various courses after 12th.
There are more than 107 career options after 12th for science, mathematics, commerce stream students.
But, Approx 60% of the courses after 12th are taught only in a few institutions.
In this article, I will give you a brief idea about the best career option after 12th for 2019 academic session.
In this article, You will learn about:
1) Career after 12th.
2) Courses after 12th.
3) Science Courses after 12th.
4) Commerce Courses after 12th.
Courses after 12th
|ENGINEERING||45% MARKS IN PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, MATHS.||B.E, B.TECH, B.ARCH, B.DESIGN|
|MEDICAL||50% MARKS IN PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, BIOLOGY & NEET EXAM.||M.B.B.S|
|DENTAL||50% MARKS IN PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, BIOLOGY & NEET EXAM.||B.D.S|
|MANAGEMENT COURSES||40% MARKS IN 12TH.||BBA, B.COM, BBM, BCA, BHM|
|PHARMACY||50% MARKS IN PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, BIOLOGY.||B.PHARM, PHARM.D|
|LAW||50% MARKS IN 12TH.||LLB, B.A LLB, B.SC. LLB, BBA LLB, B.COM LLB|
|ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCE||50% MARKS IN PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, BIOLOGY.||BPT, B.OPTOM, B.SC MLT, B.SC MRT, B.SC AT, B.SC OTT, B.SC ICT, B.SC DIT|
|NURSING||45% MARKS IN PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, BIOLOGY.||B.SC NURSING, GNM NUSRING|
|AYUSH COURSES||50% MARKS IN PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, BIOLOGY.||B.A.M.S, B.H.M.S, B.N.Y.S|
|JOURNALISM & MASS COMMUNICATION||45% MARKS IN 12TH.||B.A JOURNALISM, B.A MASS COMMUNICATION|
Before taking admission in any of the courses after 12th.
You need to have a brief idea about which career option after 12th will be the best suitable.
There are a number of course after 12th that you can choose from a wide list of options given below:
Engineering Courses After 12th
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)
Those students whose keen interest in exploring new things or to play with gadgets, machines or tools.
For them, engineering will be the right choice.
Bachelor of Technology is an undergraduate degree.
The duration of the course is 4 years. Following given are the different streams of Bachelor of technology:
1) Civil Engineering2) Computer Science Engineering3) Electronics and communication Engineering4) Mechanical Engineering5) Electrical and Electronics Engineering6) Computer and Communication Engineering7) Instrumentation and Control Engineering8) Industrial and Production Engineering9) Printing and Media Technology10) Chemical Engineering11) Biomedical Engineering
Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: 12th science PCM 45 % minimum
Top colleges: There are a number of colleges for engineering in India.
Some of the top colleges for B.Tech Engineering are:
IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Bombay, IIT Madras, IIT Delhi, BITS Pilani, IIT Roorkee, IT-BHU Varanasi, IIT Guwahati, College of Engg, Anna University.
Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
This course is best for those whose mind is creative and innovative.
The job of an architect is to construct buildings or any other physical structure with actual planning and designing.
It covers different works like spatial design, safety management, aesthetics, and many others.
Duration: 5 years
Eligibility: 12th Science
Top Colleges: There are a number of colleges in India from where one can pursue a Bachelor of Architecture.
Some of the top colleges for Architecture Engineering are:
1) College of Architecture, Mumbai
2) Department of Architecture, IIT Roorkee
3) Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh
4) Department of Architecture, NIT CalicutEngineering Admission – Colleges, Ranking, Entrance Exams
Medical Courses After 12th
Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery (MBBS)
This degree is pursued by those students who want to be a doctor.
There is a number of students who are working hard to become a successful doctor.
MBBS is an undergraduate program for biology students.
It basically deals with the study of medicine and surgery.
I suggest if you want to pursue MBBS then try to do it from a reputed government by clearing the NEET entrance exam.
Duration: 5.5 years
Eligibility: Minimum 50% 12th in PCB
Top Colleges: There are a number of top colleges that every interested student wish to get admitted.
Some of the top medical college for MBBS are:
1) All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi
2) Christian Medical College(CMC), Vellore
3) Armed Forces Medical College(AFMC), Pune
4) JIPMER College, Puducherry
5) Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), Delhi
Bachelor of Dental Studies (BDS)
This degree is for medical aspirants who want to become a dentist can pursue BDS.
Many medical aspirants who fail to get an MBBS seat, joins BDS dental course as it is the best career choice in the field of medical science.
BDS basically deals with the study of teeth and its problems.
It is generally taught in private and government college approved by the dental council of India.
Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Minimum 50% PCB in Class 12th
Top Colleges: Some of the top colleges of BDS Dental are:
1) Ramaiah University of Dental Science, Bangalore
2) Manipal College of Dental Science, Mangalore
3) A.B Shetty Institue of Dental Science, Mangalore
4) SDM College of Dental Science, Karnataka
5) Dayananda Sagar College of Dental Science, Bangalore
Bachelor Of Ayurveda Medicine (BAMS)
This degree is related to the study of the branch of medical science and ancient Ayurveda technologies used for treatments of humans.
BAMS degree is awarded after successfully completing the course and one-year internship at the college hospital.
All college which provides BAMS Degree in Indian is approved by the central council of India medicine.
Duration: 5 1/2 years
Eligibility: Minimum 50% PCB in Class 12th
Top Colleges: Some of the top college for Ayurveda are:
1) Indian Institue Of Ayurved Medicine, Bangalore
2) Kalabahareshwara Ayurveda Medical College, Bangalore
3) Dy Patil Navi, Mumbai
4) Bharti Vidyapeeth, Pune
Other Ayush Medical courses:
1) Bachelor of Homeopathy (BHMS)
2) Bachelor of Vetinari Science (BVSc)
3) Unani Herbal Medicine
4) Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yoga Sciences (BNYS)Medical Admission – Colleges, Rankings, Entrance Exam
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
Pharmacy deals with the art and science of preparing drugs and medicines.
It is an undergraduate program for science students.
It involves both practical as well as theoretical knowledge.
After completion of the degree, one may start their practice as a pharmacist in the various hospital in India as well as abroad.
Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: 12th 40% minimum in PCB
Top Colleges: Some of the top colleges for pharmacy are:
1) Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences
2) University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh
3) Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
4) M.S Ramaiah College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
This course is related to the medical and health sector which helps individuals to work in private hospitals and clinics.
Allied Health Science courses basically offer the study of both biology and technology.
The main aim of this course is to teach students about technological applications for using living organisms to generate results.
Allied Health Sciences Courses
Paramedical Courses after 12th:
1) B.Sc in Anesthesia
2) B.Sc in Audiology and Speech therapy
3) B.Sc in Biotechnology and Bioinformatics
4) B.Sc. in Medical Lab Technician
5) B.Sc in Medical Imaging Technology
6) B.Sc. Nursing B.Sc in Optometry
7) B.Sc in Radiography and Radiotherapy
8) B.Sc in X-Ray Technology
9) Bachelor of Physiotherapy
Eligibility: 12th in PCB
Duration: 3 years
Top Colleges: Some of the top colleges for the Bachelor of Science course are:
1) M.S.Ramaiah University, Bangalore
2) Achara Institute of Health Science, Bangalore
3) Dayananda Sagar Institutions, Bangalore
4) Oxford Institute of Medical Science, Bangalore
5) Garden City University, Bangalore
Management Degree Courses
National Defence Services
One can join national defense academy by clearing the entrance exam.
If one’s desire is to do defense services then this is the best option for them.
This is a very prestigious course attended by selected defense officer of Brigadier rank.
I believe that defense services are such a prestigious job.
If one wishes to go in Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force, Indian Coast Guard then this is the right course for you.
Eligibility: 12th CBSE
Defence Academy: National defense is the place where interested students get professional training before joining.
Top Defence academies in India are:
1) National Defence College, New Delhi 2) National Defence Career Institute, Uttarakhand 3) Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, Kerala
Bachelor of Commerce (B.COM)
If a student belongs to commerce field then this is the right course for them.
Studying B.com can help you to put one step ahead towards Chartered Accountancy (CA), Company Secretaryship (CS) and Cost and Work Accountancy (ICWA).
Due to the implementation of GST (goods and services tax), the demand of chartered accountant has been suddenly increased.
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: 12th in commerce
Top Colleges: Some of the top colleges for B.Com are:
1) Sri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC), New Delhi
2) Christ University, Bangalore
3) Lady Shriram College of Women (LSR), Delhi
4) Loyola College, Chennai
5) Hans Raj College, New Delhi
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Bachelor of Business Administration basically focuses on enhancing Administrative skills.
This course is beneficial for those students who want to become successful in Business Industry.
Course Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: 12th in PCM or Commerce
Top Colleges: Some of the top colleges for pursuing BBA are:
1) Christ University, Bangalore
2) Symbiosis International University, Oune
3) ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad
4) Ramaiah Institute of Management, Bangalore
5) GIBS Business School, Bangalore.
Bachelor of Law
LLB is the study of rules, conduct or procedures for instituting and maintaining a disciplined society.
Law is an undergraduate course for 12th passed students.
Course Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Passed 12th from any stream.
Top Colleges: Some of the Top Law colleges are:
1) National Law School of India University, Bangaluru
2) National Academy of Legal Studies & Research University of Law, Hyderabad
3) National Law University, Jodhpur
4) National Law Institute University, Bhopal
5) West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
6) The Indian Law Institute (NLI), New Delhi
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Nursing is a health care sector profession related to care of individuals & patients.
B.Sc Nursing is an undergraduate course for science students.
Eligibility: Passed 12th from science.
Duration: 4 Years
Top Colleges: Some of the top Nursing colleges are:
1) Ramaiah College of Nursing
2) Acharya College of Nursing
3) Oxford College of Nursing
4) Vydehi Institute of Nursing
5) Koshys College of Nursing
Courses after 12th Science
The intermediate or the 12th standard marks the end of an era and the beginning of the actual career in your lives.
Science students usually opt for engineering or medical career.
The parents push them to prepare for NEET and JEE right from the 8th standard.
But there are many other career options nowadays.
Let us have a brief about all the career options you can go for after completing your school.
You can opt for being an engineer.
Biotechnology, Biomedical, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Science are some of the engineering fields you can go for after the 12th.
Someone who is curious about how things operate and have a keen interest in machines and equipment is perfect for an engineering career.
You need to appear for the JEE entrance exam or the individual University entrances with a good rank to get into a good institute.
The students with a keen interest in human anatomy and medicines can opt for a career in the medical field.
If you really aspire to be a doctor, you need to work very hard for the 11th and 12th standards.
NEET 2019 will be held in the month of May.
Memorize every concept and practice the previous years’ medical entrance question papers to get through.
Someone who has a very scientific brain and prefers activities like:
Scientific investigation, Logical understanding, work with scientific details and precisions can earn a huge name in the field of research.
Bachelors in Science:
You can undertake a bachelor’s course in Botany, Zoology, Biotechnology, Agriculture, Maths, Physics, and Chemistry followed by a master’s degree.
You can further undergo a doctorate programme and get into a reputed organization.
The master’s students also receive a handsome remuneration after getting into the job.
These were few of the major career options a science student can opt. for after completing the 12th standard.
The various other careers you can opt. for include designing, writing, law, etc.
Depending upon your interests.
But if you are subject-specific, the above-mentioned career options will help you go a long way.
Courses After 12th Commerce
Commerce is the study of basics of economics, business, trade, market fluctuations, policies, share market, stock markets, etc.
Due to increase in economic activity around the world, selecting commerce career after 12th is one of the best options.
There are various courses for commerce students such as:
5) Mass Communication
6) Event Management
7) Hospital management
8) Chartered Accountancy
9) Hotel Management
10) Human Resourse Management
11) Longistics & Supply Chain Management
The main problem is how to choose the best course from the wide list of after 12th courses?
Not only you but most of the students like you are facing the same problem when choosing the best professional course for admission.
Before choosing any after 12th courses, your interest in that stream matters a lot.
If you have completed your 12th from science or commerce?
And you have a keen interest for admission in top colleges?
Schedule a free consultation with us!
If you belong to the science stream and good in mathematics, best career options will be studying Engineering courses after 12th.
If you belong to the science stream and have good interest in Biology best career choice will be studying Medical courses after 12th.
And if You completed 12th from commerce and arts, must study Commerce Courses after 12th.
Here I have covered most of the courses streamwise that you can opt for.
I am pretty sure that after reading this career options article you will decide which course is perfect for you.
Thanks for reading this article.
I hope this article helped you in deciding your desired degree:)
If still not then you can write your query in the comment box given below?