Altai State Medical University, Russia
Study MBBS in Altai State Medical University, Russia
Altai State Medical University, ASMU is a top ranked, prestigious and reputed medical university in Russia. It is located in the beautiful city, Barnaul.
This is even an older university in Russia, founded in the year 1954. It was initially originated as Altai Medical University by USSR Government. Altai State Medical Institute formed part of the higher education in medical stream in the Western Russia. In the year 1994, Ministry of Health, Russian Federation merged the institute with University and named as Altai State Medical University.
For more than six decades, the university continues to provide qualified and trained doctors, specialist physicians and surgeons. More than 25000 students have been graduated from this university.
The university approves admission of foreign students from the year 1991. Exclusive foreign faculty i.e courses are organized in the year 1994.
The specialty of study for foreign students include,
- General medicine
- Dentistry and
For more than two decades, the university accepts the application from students from India, Sudan, Pakistan, Morocco, Cameroon, Ukraine, Tajikistan, Belarus etc as specialty foreign nationals. More than 1000 foreign students study MBBS in this university.
The university comes under the direct administration of the Russian Federal Government. It serves a major hub of research, for both local and international students.
The university campus is located in the city of Barnaul. It is a magnificent location with mildly cool temperature.
MBBS is the major medical course offered by the University. It is a 6 years program inclusive of one year rotational training / internship.
Post graduate MD courses are extended with different specialties from surgery to pediatrics.
Admission to MBBS in ASMU is given on first come first serve basis. There is no requirement to pass any common medical entrance exam or communication qualification test. Admission is generally open from June beginning to middle of August every year.
If you are planning to do bachelors in medicine in ASMU, the major eligibility criteria is, must have obtained 50% average marks in physics, chemistry, and biology in your higher secondary education with English as a medium of study.
For Post graduate degree, you should have pursued a bachelor’s degree in medicine from a reputed university and the Russian university will offer you a seat based on your previous academic performances.
Highlights of the Medical College
- The university extends research education, cultural exchange and academic exchange programs, sharing the social heritage. The university enrolls students from other countries for medical programs.
- ASMU is unique holistic body that binds physicians and students of different generations to share knowledge.
- ASMU has three exclusive hostels located in the heart of the city. Students get easy access to public transport and important destinations.
- The central library has more than 3 lakh books, inclusive of medical dissertations, medical journals and periodic editions. The library has the largest collection of medical literature in Siberia.
- All foreign students get accommodation in the university campus, with separate hostel facility for boys and girls. Hostel dorms are equipped with all facilities from bed to bath.