Study MBBS, MD, MS in Yangzhou University, China
Yangzhou University is a provincial university in China. It is a pioneer institution of China that evolved into providing higher education. History of this university can be dated back to 1902 which was started as Teachers School of Tongzhou and Agricultural School fo Tonghai. It was merged in the year 1992 and has 6 colleges in different fields of education.
The history of MBBS in Yangzhou dates back to 1950. College of Medicine of Yangzhou University was evolved from Subei Health School in the year 1958. In the year 1984, it was renamed as Yangzhou medical college. Along with this medical college, the university also established five colleges. Eventually, the medical college was renamed, College of Medicine of Yangzhou University.
School of Medicine of Yangzhou University is the first medical school in China that established the study of gynecology and obstetrics. It also introduced the combined study of western and Chinese medicine. Yangzhou University Medical College is one of the top medical colleges in China.
Located in a vast area, the university is spread across 267 acres of land, Yangzhou, Jiangsu.
The university offers five types of medical courses. In the year 2006, the university also introduced five year MBBS program for international students.
- MBBS – Clinical Medicine, 6 years program
- Preventive Medicine, 5 years program
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Integrative Medicine – Western and Chinese
- Pharmacy program
- Nursing Program
- Applicants must have passed school education in 10 + 2 pattern from any recognized education board or any equivalent qualification recognized by universities.
- The major subject of study must be Biology, Physics and Chemistry
- Minimum qualifying marks for applying is 50 % in aggregate.
- The university conducts entrance exam for the applicants. The minimum eligibility score is 50 %
In addition, if students who pass in the premedical exam with a minimum of 60 % marks can apply for MBBS.
The minimum age for applying for medical program shall be 16 years.
Good health is one of the priorities that count on eligibility and admission to medical programs. Applicants shall provide the certificate that authenticate that they are healthy and doesn’t suffer from deformity.
Student can apply to study medical programs in the following duration.
(a) Spring: before March 1st of every year.
(b) Fall: before September 1st of every year.
Highlights of the Medical College
- One of the highly reputed and pioneers in the China, a provincial university.
- A front runner in offering different medical programs, inclusive of traditional Chinese course and imperative medicine.
- Cost of study is very low. It costs an average of 22,000 RMB Yuan per year and costs no more than 30 lacs for completion of course.
- The MBBS program has one year rotational clinical practice. Five major hospitals in the region have affiliated with the university.
- Classes are conducted only in English. There is no requirement of learning Chinese as language of study. However, learning the local language shall be an added advantage to communicate with the locals.
- The college campus as exclusive hostel facility for boys and girls with 24 hours security. Hostel is equipped with all amenities from high quality food to cafeteria.
- The rooms has all essential to comforting amenities, from telephones, color TV, internet access, refrigerators, fan, desks, wardrobes and bathrooms
- The university employs well-qualified, skilled and acclaimed research scholars as teaching faculties. The classrooms, labs and seminar halls are equipped with the state of the art facilities and modern medical instruments. The medical campus has high end facilities for research and already completed more than 300 research projects.