AIIMS 2019 MBBS exam will be conducted on 25th & 26th May 2019. AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) is one of the famous institutes that offer medical courses to the candidates. A national level medical entrance examination will be regulated by AIIMS, New Delhi for providing admission to MBBS programme. The AIIMS 2019 scores will be considered by AIIMS New Delhi and 8 other AIIMS institutes namely Bhopal, Rishikesh, Jodhpur, Bhubaneswar, Nagpur, Guntur, Patna, and Raipur. The exam will be held for offering admission in 807 MBBS seats offered by AIIMS institutions. Every year thousands of applicants apply for this examination and very few get a chance to fulfill their dream. The application process will start from the month of February 2019. Interested and eligible candidates must apply for AIIMS MBBS 2019 on or before the last date of submission of application form.
Latest: AIIMS 2019 MBBS exam schedule has been released. Please check it below.
AIIMS 2019 Important dates
Please have a look at the schedule of AIIMS 2019 which will be updated after the announcement of its official notification.
|Commencement of application process||February 2019, 1st week|
|Last date for application process||March 2019, 1st week|
|Status of registration including rejection/deficiency in applications||March 2019, 3rd week|
|Availability of admit cards||May 2019, 2nd week|
|Examination date of AIIMS 2019||25th & 26th May 2019|
|Declaration of results||12th June 2019|
|Date of 1st counseling||July 2019, 1st and 2ndweek|
|Medical examination of selected applicants||July 2019, 2nd week|
|Date of 2nd counseling||August 2019, 1st week|
|Date of 3rd counseling||September 2019, 1st week|
|Open counseling (if needed)||September 2019, last week|
|Beginning of classes||August 2019, 1st week|
AIIMS 2019 Eligibility criteria
Please read the eligibility criteria required for appearing in AIIMS entrance exam. No candidate is allowed to appear for the test if he/she is not meeting the prescribed criteria.
- Indian nationals, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)/NRI and foreign nationals can apply for the exam. Foreign candidates nominated by the Government are NOT required to appear in the Entrance Examination.
- The applicants must be 17 years as on 31st December 2019.
- The applicants must have passed 12th class under the 10+2 Scheme/Senior School Certificate Examination (CBSE)/Intermediate Science (I.Sc.) or equivalent examination from a recognized University/Board of any Indian State with English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology subjects.
- The applicants must have scored minimum 60% (50% in case of reserved categories or foreign nationals) in aggregate in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Those with CGPA grades will have to apply the conversion factor in the application form.
- Candidates who are appearing in 12th standard are also eligible to apply for AIIMS MBBS exam 2019.
How to fill AIIMS 2019 Application form?
We have furnished below the important highlights about AIIMS application form. Candidates should carefully read the information brochure and confirm their eligibility before they apply for the entrance exam.
- The applicants can apply for AIIMS 2019 from the official website of AIIMS through online mode.
- The applicants are advised to be ready with the scanned images of their passport size photograph, left thumb impression & signature in mentioned size & format to upload during the application process.
- The steps in the filling of application form will be: registration, fee payment, selection of city choice, qualification and address details, upload images, printing of registration form.
- Registration will be done by providing personal details, such as name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, gender, category, email id, mobile number, etc. A candidate id will be generated after this process which must be noted down.
- The fee payment will be done after registration is complete. The payment can be done online via Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
|General/OBC (both creamy & non-creamy layers)||Rs. 1500/-|
|Persons with Bench-mark disabilities (PWBD)||Exempted from application fee|
*Transaction charges will be applicable in addition to the application fee.
After this the candidates will have to opt for the choice of exam center as per their convenience.
Next step will be filling of qualifying exam details like, exam name, status, board name, candidates’ roll number, marks scored, etc. and communication details, like complete address, city, pin code, etc.
Finally, the candidates will have to upload their photograph, signature and left thumb impression. The photograph must be colored with white background showing the complete face of the applicant. The signature should be taken with a blue/black pen on a white paper. Both the signature and thumb impression must be scanned with a 200 dpi scanner.
The specification of the documents is given as:
|Photograph||50-100 kb||gif, png, jpg, jpeg|
|Signature||20-100 kb||gif, png, jpg, jpeg|
|Thumb impression||20-100 kb||gif, png, jpg, jpeg|
The printout of the completed registration form must be taken and kept safe for further use. After this, the form should be submitted finally.
Foreign nationals are not required to fill up the Online Registration form. Foreign nationals who wish to apply for admission to MBBS Course against any seat that are subject to announcement/notification by the Govt. of India for the year 2019 should contact the Indian Mission/Post abroad in their Country.
AIIMS 2019 Examination Pattern
Candidates should go through the prescribed exam pattern for AIIMS MBBS 2019 and prepare accordingly:
- The AIIMS 2019 will be held in online mode i.e. computer-based mode.
- The paper will be conducted in 2 shifts.
- The duration of the examination is 3 hours & 30 minutes.
- There will be total 200 questions of MCQ type (140) & Reason-Assertion type (60) questions.
- The question will be given in Hindi or English language according to the choice of candidates.
- The applicants will get 1 mark for each correct answer & there will be a penalty of 1/3rd marks for each incorrect answer.
|Subjects||No. of questions|
|Aptitude & Logical Thinking||10|
AIIMS 2019 Exam Schedule
The exam will be conducted on two days and there will be 2 shifts of paper on each day. The morning shift will be conducte4d from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM and the evening shift will be held from 3:00 PM to 6:30 PM. The exact details related to exam schedule will be updated with the official notification release.
AIIMS Syllabus 2019
The examination syllabus will be based on the higher secondary standard. The syllabus of AIIMS 2019 will cover various subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, GK & Aptitude test. The detailed syllabus is listed below.
Electricity, Circular Motion, Nuclear Physics, Electronic Devices, Electro-Magnetic Induction, Kinetic Theory of Gases, first law of Thermodynamics, Measurement, Motion, Physics of the Atom: Thermodynamics: Work and heat, Solids, Wave Motion: Optics, etc.
Developmental Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, Diversity of Animal Life, Genetics and Evolution (Fundamentals only): (symbiosis), Histology, and Reproductive System etc.
- Section A: General & Inorganic Chemistry, Periodic Properties of Elements, Molecule and Chemical Bond, Structure of Atom
- Section B: Chemistry of Elements and Compounds, Organic Chemistry
- Section C: Chemical Equilibrium, Physical Chemistry, Energetic, State of Matter, etc.
Transport of water and minerals, Absorption and cell water relations, Anatomy and Physiology of Plants, Meristems-Plant growth and development, Importance, Botany and Human Welfare, History, Factors and mechanism, Internal and external regulators of growth and development in plants, Internal structure of dicot and monocot leaves photosynthesis, Internal structure of dicot and monocot roots, Internal structure of stem and secondary growth, Transpiration & respiration, Tropic and turgor movements, Xylem and Phloem-their cell elements and functions, etc.
Punchline of companies, Business, Top officials of big companies, Famous award and prizes, Major corporate events, Current Affairs, World Records, Science, Books and authors, History, etc.
AIIMS 2019 Admit card
The admit card for AIIMS 2019 examination can be downloaded from the official website of AIIMS few weeks prior to the examination. The admit cards will not be available through any other mode except online mode. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without a valid admit card, ID proof and one photograph.
AIIMS 2019 Exam Center
The examination centers are tentatively proposed in 155 cities all over India. The choice of the city of the examination must be submitted at the time filling the application form. The center chosen will only be confirmed after payment of the examination fee. Although, AIIMS will make all efforts to provide the chosen exam center, but if due to some reasons, the center is not available, then another city will be allotted and the candidate will have to appear at the allotted center only.
Declaration of AIIMS 2019 Result
The examination result for AIIMS 2019 will be declared after successful completion of the examination, most probably in the month of June 2019. The result will be published at the official website of AIIMS. The applicants can check their result & also can take the print out for future reference.
AIIMS Cut off 2019
The cut off marks are different for different categories as mentioned below-
For General category- 50%
For OBC (NCL) category- 45%
For SC/ST category- 40%
For PWBD category- Cut offs of the respective category
AIIMS 2019 Counseling
Based on the result of the Competitive Entrance Examination, merit lists will be prepared as per the Percentile Scores. The merit list will be made separately for all the categories. The applicants will be called for counseling based on their ranks scored in the merit list. The applicants have to report at the venue on proper date & time for counseling mentioned on the call letter. The first round of counseling will hopefully begin in the month of July.