Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Vellore conducts Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination, often referred to as VITEEE, for admission to all its engineering courses.
VITEEE 2018 Application Form will be available from 1st Week of november, 2017. Click to Apply.VIT University offers an attractive scholarship scheme for board toppers and VITEEE toppers which is known a “GV School Development Programme”:
- 100% tuition fee waiver for all the four years are offered to toppers of all education boards in India.
- Top 50 VITEEE rank holders are offered 75% tuition fee waiver for all the four years.
- Candidates from Rank 51 to 100 are offered 50% tuition fee waiver for all the four years.
- Those within Rank 101 to 1000 are offered 25% tuition fee waiver for all the four years.
VITEEE 2018 Dates
VITEEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: Only Indian candidates can attempt entrance exam. Non-resident Indians (NRIs) can also take the exam.
- Qualifying Exam: Student must have completed or appearing in one of the following exams this year:Class 12th board exam conducted by the State Board, CBSE, or ISCE board OR
- Intermediate or 2-year Pre-University exam conducted by a recognised education board in India OR
- High School Certificate Exam conducted by the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma exam OR
- GCE Exam at Advanced “A” level (conducted by London, Cambridge or Srilanka)
Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore does not except home schooled students or students who have not attended regular, full-time, formal education.
- Scores & Subjects in the Qualifying Exam: In the qualifying exam, students must have Physics, Chemistry, and Maths (or Biology – only for Biomedical Engineering and Biotechnology programmes) as their subjects and score at least 60% in aggregate in these three subjects.
Reserved category candidates (SC, ST and students hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and eight Northeastern states) native to the state of Tamil Nadu should have 50% in aggregate.
Students from Biology stream can also do B.Tech in Computer Science & Engg programme with specialization in Bioinformatics, after completing a bridge course in Mathematics.
- Age Limit: Students should not be more than 22 years old to be eligible for the exam. It means that students can sit for the exam only if they are born on or after July 1, 1994.
VITEEE 2018 Paper Pattern
The overall duration of the entrance exam will be 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Students will have to choose whether they want to appear for Maths or Bio at the time of booking slots.
- All the questions will be objective and MCQ (multiple choice question) type. Each question will have four options, with one correct answer.
- There is no negative marking in the exam.
- The question paper will only be in English.
VITEEE 2018 Syllabus
|Electrostatics||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current||Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter|
|Current Electricity||Electromagnetic Waves and Wave Optics||Nuclear Physics|
|Effects of Electric Current||Atomic Physics||Semiconductor Devices and their Applications|
|Atomic Structure||Kinetics||Carbonyl Compounds|
|p, d and f – Block Elements||Electrochemistry||Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives|
|Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry||Isomerism in Organic Compounds||Organic Nitrogen Compounds|
|Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium and Chemical||Alcohols and Ethers||Biomolecules|
|Applications of Matrices and Determinants||Vector Algebra||Integral Calculus and its Applications|
|Complex Numbers||Analytical Geometry of Three Dimensions||Differential Equations|
|Analytical Geometry of two dimensions||Differential Calculus||Probability Distributions|
|Taxonomy||Genetics||Biotechnology and its applications|
|Evolution||Microbiology and Immunology||Biodiversity, ecology and environment|
|Cell and Molecular Biology||Biochemistry||Applied biology and human welfare|
|Reproduction||Physiology: Plant and Human|
VITEEE 2018 Application Form
- Those candidates who are willing to apply for the VITEEE 2018 need to register first by entering their Name, Date of Birth, Gender and Email Id.
- An email will be sent to the Registered Email ID with the password
Note: Name should be the same as in the Class XII certificate
2. Logging In to fill the VITEEE 2018 Application Form
- Students need to use the email id and password to login.
- Students need to fill in all the necessary details correctly
- Once the details are entered correctly, candidates need to pay the application fees.
3. Payment of VITEEE 2018 Application Fees
- VITEEE 2018 Application Fees: Rs 940
- VITEEE 2018 NRI Candidates – 50 USD
4. VITEEE 2018 Application Fees Payment mode
- Students may use Net banking /Credit card/Debit card to pay the fees. Once the application fee is paid, an acknowledgement receipt with the transaction number will be generated. Candidates are advised to take a printout of the same
- Candidates may also fill in the form through a DD drawn from any Nationalized Bank in favour of the ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore.
Note: Candidates must write the VITEEE 2018 Application Number, Name, Address and Mobile Number on the reverse of the Demand Draft.
5. Submission of VITEEE 2018 Online Application Form
- Once the candidates have successfully submitted the VITEEE 2018 application form, an application number will be generated.
- Candidates must note this VITEEE 2018 Application Number for future reference.
- Candidates need to print two copies of the application form in A4 size paper.
- Candidates need to attach the scanned copy of the recent passport size colored photograph with 50 KB-100 KB (dimensions- 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) in JPG / JPEG format).
- Candidates also need to attach a scanned copy of their signature with 20 KB – 50 KB (Dimensions- 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm) in JPG / JPEG format.
- The copy of the VITEEE 2018 application form must be sent through Registered or Speed Post addressed to The Director – UG Admissions, VIT University, Vellore- 632 014, Tamil Nadu, India before the specified last date.
- If the payment has been made through DD, then the same must be enclosed along with the copy of the Online VITEEE 2018 Application Form.
VITEEE 2018 Application Forms and brochure can be obtained on cash payment of Rs 990 through selected post offices or by submitting a DD for Rs 990 in person. Candidates can request for the VITEEE 2018 Application Form by post or by sending a Demand Draft for Rs 990 along with a cover letter addressed to:
“Director – UG Admissions”,
VIT University, Vellore-632014
Note: Candidates must mention their Full Postal Address in the letter.
VITEEE 2018 Exam Centre
Students will have to indicate their preference from 112 VITEEE 2018 Exam Centres while submitting the application form.Find the complete VITEEE 2018 Exam Centres List below:
VITEEE 2018 Admit Card
VIT University admit card 2018 is an important document. You will have to produce it at the time of counselling and admission. So, keep it safe until the admission process gets over.
It is generated in the form of e-Admit card, when a candidate books his or her exam date and time slot online. VITEEE admit card will have registration number, photograph of the student, date and time of the exam and address of the exam center. If there is any discrepancy, students should contact the VIT University immediately.
Students will receive the copy of the e-admit card by email too.
Make sure you take the print-out of your VITEEE hall ticket 2018 on an A4 paper size only and that all the information is clearly visible on it, including the photograph.
VIT might use biometric registration process to verify whether the hall ticket holder is indeed the right candidate. This biometric authentication will be used during counselling as well as admission to the college.
VITEEE 2018 Counselling Process
Students will have to submit marks of their qualifying exam before the specified counselling date. They are allotted seats on the basis of their VITEEE All India Rank (AIR).
Counselling dates will be declared on the official VIT website after the results are declared.
Originals and photocopies of documents will be needed at the time of counselling:
- Class X Board Certificate as a proof of date of birth or any age proof Certificate,
- Community Certificate (for SC/ST only),
- DD for Rs 30,000/- drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore,
- Marks sheet of qualifying examination (if available),
- Nativity certificate (For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura), and
- VITEEE-2018 e-Admit Card.
After each day of VITEEE counselling, number of seats left vacant in each branch will be published on the website.
VITEEE 2018 Exam Preparation
On VIT official website, students can take a mock test to get familiar with essential components of the program. askIITians also offers excellent VITEEE online coaching programmes that are conducted solely by highly knowledgeable ex-IITians with years of online teaching experience.
These programmes are offered for 1 year, 2 years and as foundation programmes for school-going students.