8th August 2018: The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) has started the online registration process for the Common Management Test (CAT) 2018 today. The registration process will continue till 19th September 2018 (5:00 PM). The CAT registration process is online and applications for the exam will not be accepted through any other mode. IIM Calcutta is the exam conducting authority for this year’s exam which is scheduled to be held on 25th November 2018 (Sunday).
CAT is a national level exam conducted every year by the Indian Institutes of Management on a rotational basis. Candidates seeking admission in management courses offered by top B schools have to qualify CAT for getting admission. The exam is a dream for many aspirants who wish to seek MBA in their preferred B schools. The article below will give you detailed guidelines about the commencement of registration, application process and other relevant information related to CAT 2018 exam.
Overview of CAT Exam 2018
|CAT notification released on||29th July 2018|
|CAT Registration Process||8th August 2018|
|CAT application form last date||19th September 2018 till 5 pm|
|CAT application form correction||4th week of September 2018|
|CAT admit card release date||24th October 2018 onwards|
|CAT exam||25th November 2018 (Sunday)|
CAT 2018 Registration – Important Documents
Here are the important documents that candidates must keep in hand in order to speed up the registration process:
- Marksheet of class X, XII, and Bachelor’s degree.
- Scanned images of signature and photograph. Make sure the photograph is not more than 6 months old and must have a white background. Photograph and signature size ≤ 80Kb.
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
CAT 2018 Important Instructions
To ensure successful submission of CAT exam application form, here are some points you need to keep in mind while filling in the application form:
The fields that are marked with (*) are compulsory to fill.
- Aspirants need to upload the scanned copy of their original documents along with a recent and clear passport size photograph in the stated columns.
- Do not move to the next page without clicking on the “Save and continue” button.
- The aspirants can continue to fill the application even after logging out only if the previous information was saved.
- The aspirants must make a clear understanding of what information they have furnished and check the application multiple times to avoid rejection of the application.
- The aspirants should use the mouse to move ahead in the next field/column instead of the tab key.
CAT Exam 2018 Application Procedure
Here are the steps that you need to follow for filing the CAT application form 2018 accurately:
- Visit the official website – iimcat.ac.in.
- Find the link to apply for the exam and click it.
- Complete the CAT registration process by providing your Email Id and mobile number.
- Your username and password will be sent to your registered mobile number and the email id.
- Log in with the given username and password.
- The application form is divided into 5 sections – personal details, academic details, work experience (if any), list of programmes and payment. You have to fill out all the sections carefully avoiding mistakes and make payment of the application fee.
- Once the application is completed, submit it and do take a print out of the confirmation page for future reference.
CAT 2018 Exam Application Fee
The application fee for General and OBC students is ₹ 1900/- and for SC/ST/PwD is ₹ 950/-