Study MBBS in Lviv National Medical University, Ukraine
Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University, formerly named as Lvov National Medical University is one of the oldest medical universities in Ukraine. With Level VI accreditation, Lviv National Medical University is a top medical university in Ukraine. The university was established as medical faculty in the year 1784. The university celebrated the 225th anniversary in the year 2009. However, the history of the university can be dated back to 1661, where it was commenced as academy.
It is listed in the world top rankings in the top medical universities. Among the world university ranking in the list of 11,000 universities, Lviv National Medical University ranked at 4681. After turning into the National University in the year 2003, it received the international recognition. The university has made significant contributions to the development of science and national education.
The university is located in the city of Lvov, in the western Ukraine. It is one of the major cities of Ukraine, considered a hub of culture.
The university offers undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses.
- MBBS – Clinical Medicine, 5 years program
- Bachelors of Dentistry
- Nursing Program
Post graduate programs include
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Clinical Oncology
- Therapy Dentistry
- Internal Disease
- Anesthesiology and Intensive, Emergency Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- General Hygiene Traumatology
- Orthopedics and Pathological Anatomy
- Pulmonology and Phtisiatry
- Infectious Diseases
- General Practice- Family Medicine
- Psychiatry Clinical Laboratory Diagnostic
Academic year begins from September 1, every year.
Preparatory year begins from October 1 every year.
The courses are offered in three languages, English, Russian and Ukrainian. Preparatory course is taught in Ukrainian language.
- Applicants must have passed school education in 10 + 2 pattern from any recognized education board or any equivalent qualification recognized by universities.
- The major subject of study must be Biology, Physics and Chemistry
- Minimum qualifying marks for applying is 50 % in aggregate.
- The university conducts entrance exam for the applicants. Based on performance and score in entrance exam, candidates are enrolled.
All the certificates should be translated into Ukrainian language, duly attested by Ukraine Embassy. Lviv National Medical University has a branch office in New Delhi to assist the Indian students to pursue MBBS in Ukraine. The minimum age for applying for medical program shall be 16 years.
Good health is one of the priorities that count on eligibility and admission to medical programs. Applicants shall provide the certificate that authenticate that they are healthy and doesn’t suffer from deformity. HIV Certificate is mandatory.
Highlights of the Medical College
- Huge campus, ventilated class rooms and lecture halls, library, well equipped laboratories, and qualified faculties.
- More than 500 international students study MBBS in this university.
- MCI approves the MBBS from Lviv University.
- The university has ties with 10 special treatment centers and chain of hospitals to offer extensive training.
- High quality hostel facility separately for boys and girls. Hostel is located within the academic campus surroundings.
- After completion of MBBS in Lviv National Medical University, students can opt to study post graduate program in the same university.