Nanjing Medical University, China
Study MBBS in Nanjing Medical University, China
Nanjing Medical University is one of the oldest and supreme universities in province of China. It is located in the Jiangsu Province. Initially, the university was established in Zhenjiang in the year 1934, which was later shifted to Jiangsu in 1957.
The University was initially built as National Nanjing Medical College. Gradually the college developed into a comprehensive medical university. The university holds a lot of first of its kind in the history of medicine programs in China. This is among the very first universities that offered MBBS program in English.
It is one of the primary medical universities that offered six year MBBS programs and medical programs in China, in 1962. In next two decades, the University offered master’s and doctoral medical programs for the medical aspirants. It was named Nanjing Medical University, now remains the most reputed and top Medical Universities in China.
The University has two Campuses, which has exclusive section for international students. Campus for undergraduate medical programs is located in Jiangning district and Watai Campus is dedicated for post graduate medical programs as well as scientific research.
Nanjing Medical University is approved by Medical Council of India. It enrolls about 300 medical students from India every year to study MBBS in China. After completion of course, students can pass the MCI screening test and start practicing in India without any hassles. In fact, the number of pass percentage in MCI has most number of students studied in Nanjing Medical University.
The university has two campuses set in a serene and amicable environment, built with all facilities that makes a comfortable atmosphere for students, in Nanjing.
Nanjing Medical University offers a line of medical programs, from MBBS to doctoral studies.
While admission to NMU is relatively simple, eligibility to admission is tough.
- Basic eligibility qualification to apply for MBBS or BDS in this college is a pass in class 12 examination, in 10 + 2 education system or any equivalent higher secondary examination from approved board of education.
- Major subject of study in higher secondary shall be Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- Minimum qualifying mark to apply for entrance examination varies with the board of study.
Study in State Board – 85% minimum qualifying marks
Study in Central Board CBSE / ICSE – 70 % minimum qualifying marks
IB / IGCSE Boards – A grade
Last date for applying for the medical program in NMU is 30th June every year. The admission is provided on first come first serve basis where the international quota is likely to get filled by the second week of June itself.
Highlights of the Medical College
- NMU is a partner of World Health Organization.
- NMU to promote international education and enhance the quality of education, has an international exchange and cooperation program. It works with scientific research institutions, medical universities and medical schools in the Britain, United States of America, Australia, Germany, Japan and France
- Nanjing Medical University is ranked in the list of top universities in the world, by Academic Ranking of World Universities.
- 20 hospitals affiliated with this university, which provides great exposure in terms of practical training.
- University provides Indian food for Indian students through a dedicated Indian restaurant set in the campus.
- Cost of MBBS program in China in this university is very reasonable without a compromise in the quality of education.
- Campus hostel is equipped with all amenities and it is relatively a wiser option to stay in the campus hostel.