SNAP 2018 Exams: Important Dates of Exams; Application Procedure; Eligibility Criteria; Exams Pattern; Syllabus; Result
Symbiosis Institute organises the SNAP (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test). This is primarily a University Level exam which is held on a national scale. Candidates who want to get admission in the MBA courses of the Symbiosis International University, including its associated colleges should qualify the SNAP exam. In addition, the candidate is also required to take up ‘Personal Interview’ and ‘Written Test’ conducted by each institute separately for admission.
As per the official declaration of the Symbiosis University, SNAP 2018 Exam will be conducted as the SNAP 2018 for admission of candidates in the various management programmes for the session year 2018-2019.
For further details about the SNAP 2018 Exams read below –
SNAP Exam 2018 Important Dates
|About the SNAP 2018 Exam
|Date of SNAP Exam
|Start Date of Registration
|End Date of Registration
|Last Date for Registration Payment
|Admit Card Issuance
|Declaration of Result
SNAP Exam 2018 Pattern & Syllabus
|About the Exam Pattern of SNAP 2018
|Type of Questions
|Objective Type questions
|Number of questions
|Duration of Exam
|1 marks for each correct answer
|Negative Marking Scheme
|0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer
|Numbers of Sections
|There will be four sections namely –Quantitative, Analytical Reasoning, General English and General Awareness
Distribution of Marks and Questions of SNAP 2018 Exam
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
SNAP Exam 2018 Eligibility
Candidate should fulfil the following criteria for eligibility –
- It is not mandatory that the candidate should be an Indian.
- Candidate of Foreign Nationals is also eligible to appear for the exams.
- Candidates with the status of PIO (People of Indian Origin), OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) and NRI (Non-Resident Indians) are also eligible to apply for the exams.
Educational Qualifications –
- The candidate should have done his graduation with at least 50% mark from any recognised University. The candidate belonging to the category of SC/ST should have done his graduation with the minimum passing marks of 45%.
- Those candidates who have done their Bachelor’s from foreign University are required to obtain the equivalence certification from the Association of Indian Universities. It means that the foreign University from where the candidate has obtained his Bachelor’s degree is approved or recognised by the Association of Indian Universities.
SNAP Exam 2018 Application Process
Candidates should, first of all, qualify the SNAP Exam. Thereafter candidates are also required to pass the GE-PIWAT which is conducted separately by each institute or colleges under the Symbiosis University. The GE-PIWAT is – Group Exercise, Personal Interview and Written Ability Test. At the end of the exam, a final merit list is prepared by the Symbiosis University which is based upon the combined score of the candidate in the SNAP and the GE-PIWAT exams.
How To Apply for SNAP 2018 Exam
- Candidate should know that to fill the Application form of SNAP 2018 Exams, and they should follow the four stages of the Application Procedure. The four stages are – Registration stage, Online Application Form filling stage, Document Upload stage and the Payment of the Registration/ Application Fee stage.
- The candidate should first of all visit the official website of the SNAP Exam. Here he will be provided with a link to click, which will take him to the Registration Window of the SNAP Exam.
- The candidate should, first of all, get himself registered by entering personal details like Name, Address, Mobile Number and Valid Email Id.
- Upon registration, the candidate is sent a SNAP ID and Password on the email id given by the candidate. The candidate should note this down.
- With the SNAP ID and Password, the candidate can access the Application Form for the SNAP Exam.
- The candidate is required to fill this Application Form with important details like educational qualification, personal details, and address.
- Candidate should upload all necessary documents required to be submitted along with the Application Form. He should upload the scanned copy of his photograph and signature.
- After filling the Application Form, the candidate should pay his registration fee/Application fee.
Payment of Registration/Application Fee
- The candidate is required to pay the Registration Fee/Application Fee of ₹ 1500.
- It can be paid either through the online mode or the offline mode also.
- The candidate can pay his fee by Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking.
- It can be paid in cash also through the Bank Challan. It should be paid through the Axis Bank or Indian Bank.
- Candidate can also pay this Registration Fee/ Application Fee through Demand Draft also. The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of the following address of the Symbiosis University – “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune.
- After filling the Application Form, the candidate should take the print of the Application form and send it to the following address –
Symbiosis Test Secretariat
Symbiosis International University
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist.: Pune – 412115
Phone: 020-39116226/ 27, Telefax: 020-39116228
Admit Card Issuance for SNAP 2018 Exam
The SNAP Admit Card has been issued for the SNAP 2018 Exam from December 2018. The candidate can download the admit card from the official website of the SNAP till the date of the Exam. The candidate should bring the Admit card at the centre of the exam. The Admit Card should have the coloured photograph of the candidate and his signature. It should be noted that without the admit card candidate will not be allowed to take up the exam. He should also keep the copy of his identity card along with him at the centre of the exam.
Reservation of Seats for SNAP 2018 Exam
There is reservation of seats for the reserved category of the candidates. The certain percentage of the total available seats is reserved for them.
Check below for the distribution of seat category wise-
|Category of Reservation
|Percent of seat
If there are more seats available then some seats are reserved for the Kashmiri migrants and International candidates. There is a reservation of 2 seats per management programme for the Kashmiri migrants. For International candidates, 15% of seats are reserved.
Result SNAP 2018 Exam
The result of SNAP 2017 Exam has been published in January 2019. Candidate can check their result online by entering their details. The candidates who qualify for the SNAP Exams at this stage are selected for the further stages of the exam. The further stages are GE-PIWAT, i.e. Group Exercise, Personal Interview and Written Ability Test. The candidate is required to qualify for these stages of the exams also. The final merit list is prepared on the basis of the score by the candidate in these stages of exams and the SNAP score. The SNAP score is scaled down while preparing the merit list.
|Weightage of marks
|Written Ability Test
|SNAP Score (scaled down)
Q.1 When will the SNAP 2018 exam will be held?
The SNAP 2017 Exam will be held in January 2019.
Q.2 What are the criteria for eligibility of the educational background for the SNAP 2018 Exam?
The candidate should have his graduation with a minimum percentage of 50% marks from any recognised university in any discipline.
Q.3 When will the online registration for the SNAP 2018 Exam will begin?
The online registration of the SNAP 2018 Exam will start from the August and will remain open until November 2018.
Q.4 Is there any correction window for the Application form of the SNAP 2018 Exam?
No there is no special correction window for the candidates who have applied for the SNAP 2018 exam. The candidates are advised to fill their Application form correctly because later on they will not be given an opportunity to correct it. Any mistake in their application form might lead to its rejection.
Q.5 What is the registration fee for the SNAP 2018 Exam?
The Registration fee for the SNAP 2018 Exam is ₹1500.
Q.6 In which subject the candidate should have done his Bachelor’s to become eligible for the SNAP Exam?
The candidate should have done his Bachelor’s in any discipline from any recognised University. Further, he should have obtained a minimum percentage of 50% marks in his graduating years.
Q.7 What is the admission procedure for the SNAP Exam?
The candidate wishing to get admission in the SNAP University is required to first of all qualify for the SNAP Exam which is conducted on a yearly basis. Thereafter the candidate should pass the special exams which are conducted by the institutes and the colleges of the Symbiosis University specifically while taking admission of the candidates. The colleges and Institutes usually conduct GE-PIWAT exam which is Group Exercise, Personal interview and the Written Ability Test. Once the candidate qualifies in this stage of the SNAP Exam, then the final merit list is prepared. The merit list is prepared on the basis of the score of marks by the candidates in his SNAP Exam and the GE-PIWAT exam.
Q.8 How does the final merit list of the SNAP 2018 exam is prepared?
The final merit list of the SNAP Exam is prepared on the basis of the score of the candidate in the SNAP test and the GE-PIWAT exam.
Q.9 When will the result of the SNAP 2018 Exam will be declared?
The final result of the SNAP 2018 Exam will be declared in January 2018. Candidate can check their results online by entering details of the SNAP ID, name and date of birth.
Q.10 If foreign national candidates are allowed to take up the SNAP Exam?
Yes, the foreign national candidates are allowed to take up the SNAP Exam.