Name of the Exam: Aligarh Muslim University Entrance Exam 2018
Degrees Offered: B.Tech
Colleges: Zakir Hussain College of Engineering & Technology
|Last date of receiving the filled in forms||Last week of February 2018|
|Date of AMU Engineering Entrance exam||29th April 2018|
|Declaration of Results||2nd week of June 2018|
|Counseling||Last week of June 2018|
- Candidate must score a minimum Aggregate of 50% in Class 12th Board or any other qualifying exam, with subjects in Mathematics, English, Chemistry and Physics.
- AMU Diploma of engineering holder candidates are also eligible to apply
- Candidates applying to B.Tech can also apply for B.Arch through same application process.
AMU 2018 Brochure
Candidates can get the information bulletin for AMU 2018 from the brochure. They can also contact the Aligarh Muslim University website for further details.
Aligarh Muslim University Admission Form
- Candidates willing to apply for the B.Tech courses shall apply online by filling the online form only according to the instructions mentioned in the brochure.
- After filling the online form the candidates shall be given an unique password and transaction ID which they shall be using for future purposes
- The candidates are also required to pay the application fees of INR.550 by using the DD number and sending the original DD drawn in favor of Finance Officer, AMU, Aligarh payable at Aligarh has to be sent with the application form copy OR the candidates can also pay the fees by Bank Challan from State Bank of India, AMU Branch, Aligarh
- The candidates are required to take a print our copy of the filled in form and are required to be submitted to the administrative cell of AMU on or before February 2018.
Address for correspondence
Office of the Controller of Examinations,
AMU, Aligarh -202002.
Documents to be attached along with the copy of application form:
- Original Copy of the Bank Challan or the Demand Draft paid for the application fees along with the name, date of birth, Transaction details and the course of study on the reverse of the Demand Draft/Cash Receipt.
- Self attested copy of the high School/ secondary school certificate in support of date of birth along with the Mark sheet of Class 12 or equivalent exam.
- Self attested photocopy of Class 10th and 12th Exam certificate
- Self attested copies of documentary proof of the Special Category or Internal Status of the candidates.
- Documents in support of Professional Experience, if any
- NOC issued by the employer of the company candidate is presently working in (if applicable).
- Thumb impression and signatures are placed appropriately on the AMU 2018 Application Form.
AMU 2018 Exam Syllabus consists of the following subjects:
- Physics: Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Frame of reference, Motion in a straight line, Elementary concepts of differentiation and integration, vector, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Keplar’s laws of planetary motion, Properties of Bulk Matter, Surface energy and surface tension, Thermodynamics, Kinetic Theory, Oscillations and Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms & Nuclei, Electronic Devices, Communication Systems,
- Chemistry: Basic concepts of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, States of matter, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Redox reactions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Aldehydes, Ketones, Carboxylic acids, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers, Environmental Chemistry.
- Mathematics: Sets and Functions, Relations & Functions, Trignometric Fucntions, Algebra, Complex Numbers And Quadratic Equations, Linear Inequalities, Permutations And Combinations, Binomial Theorem, Sequence And Series, Coordinate Geometry, Conic Section, Mathematical Reasoning, Probability, Linear Programming,
- The AMU Engineering Entrance exam shall be consisting of a total of 150 objective types, multiple choice questions from the subjects of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.
- Each of the subjects shall have 50 questions each and each correct answer shall be awarded one mark.
- For every wrong answer shall carry a negative credit of ¼ marks i.e. 0.25 marks
- Exam will be based on the latest syllabus as mentioned in the brochure
Books to refer
- L.K. Peter for History, Geography, Political Science
- NCERT & R.D.Sharma for Mathematics
- NCERT & S.Chand for Science
- Sir Syed Guide for General Knowledge and Indo Islamic Culture
- Ahfaque’s Guide (One Complete Book)
- NCERT & Pradeep’s for Biology
- NCERT & Predeep’s for Chemistry
- R.D. Sharma for Mathematics
- S.Chand & Pradeep’s for Physics & Chemistry
AMU 2018 Answer Key
The Answer key for the AMU Engineering entrance exam can be availed from the official website by entering the user ID and transaction ID of the candidates. The date of release of answer key on first week of May 2018.
As per the norms set by Aligarh Muslim University 50% of the total seats are reserved for Muslim candidates only and the rest 50% is for all other candidates. There shall be no reservation for any other categories be done for the admissions into the Engineering courses offered by the University.
Result for the AMU 2018 engineering entrance exam shall be declared in 2nd week of June 2018. All candidates can check their score by visiting the AMU official website www.amucontrollerexams.com.
Candidates qualifying the merit shall be invited for the counseling procedures and they are required to be present physically on the allotted centers for counseling with following documents:
- The original Counseling call letter along with its one photocopy
- Demand Draft of AMU 2018 Counseling Fees as mentioned in the prospectus.
- AMU 2018 Admit Card along with its Photocopy
- All the original mark-sheets/certificates of Class 10th board and class 12th along two sets of their Photocopies
- Rank card as issued by the university
- Reservation certificate for special category as issued by relevant authorities
- Medical fitness document from any of the authorized medicals
- 3 passport size photographs attested by any of the gazzeted officers