Students who crack JEE Advanced 2018 successfully will be able to join the undergraduate programs in Engineering, Architecture and Sciences at all IITs and ISM Dhanbad according to their All India Rank (AIR) in the exam.
JEE Advanced 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must qualify in the JEE Main 2018 first and be in the Top 2, 24, 000 top rank holders (including all categories) for the exam. They must also be in the Top 20 percentile list of their respective board exams to appear for Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2018. You can get all the guidance and support from reputed JEE coaching institutes. You can also look for detailed information on best Entrance Exam Coaching Institute JEE Advanced.
General and OBC category students should not be more than 25 years old while SC, ST, and PwD category students should not be more than 30 years old on October 1 in 2017 to be eligible for the exam.
Note: Students cannot sit for JEE Advanced 2018 for more than two times – that too in consecutive years only!
JEE Advanced 2018 Important Dates
|Online Registration Starts||May 2, 2018|
|Dates for Downloading Admit Cards||May 14 to 20, 2018|
|Rectification of discrepancies in the admit card||May 14 to 20, 2018|
|JEE Advanced 2018 Exam||Paper – 1: SUN, 20th May, 2018 (09:00 AM – 12:00 PM)
Paper – 2: SUN, 20th May, 2018 (2:00 PM to 05:00 PM)
|Display of ORS image and scanned responses||May 22 to 25, 2018|
|Request from candidates for review of their scanned responses||May 22 to 25, 2018|
|Online Display of Answer keys||May 29, 2018|
|Feedback and Comments on answer keys from the Candidates||May 29 to 30, 2018|
|Results of JEE Advanced 2018||June 18, 2018|
|Seat Allotment (Tentative)||June 19 to July 15, 2018|
JEE Advanced 2018 Selection Procedure
Selection to IITs is based solely on the All India Rank of a candidate in the exam which is based solely on one’s scores in the IIT JEE exam. With the help of the top and reputed JEE Coaching institutes for both Mains and Advanced, you can certainly accomplish your IIT dreams.
Unlike JEE Main, there is no weightage given to Class 12 board marks in JEE Advanced Merit List. The requirement for students to be in Top 20 percentile of their respective boards in their respective categories is limited to eligibility criteria of the exam.
JEE Advanced 2018 Paper Pattern
JEE Advanced 2018 Exam is conducted only in offline mode. It has two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both have duration of three hours and will be held on the same day.
JEE Advanced 2018 Application Form
Candidates can register for JEE Advanced online only. They can pay the application fees through e-challan generated during the process at all SBI branches that have the facility of core banking solution (CBS).
The application fee for male students of General Category (GE) and Non-Creamy Layer of Other Backward Classes (OBC (NCL)) is Rs 2,000. Male students of SC, ST and PwD categories have to pay Rs 1,000. All female candidates are exempted from paying the fees of JEE Advanced 2018 application form.
- Candidates who appear for the exam at the Dubai Centre will have to pay USD 220 to apply.
JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling Process
The seats in the various courses of the institutes (IITs and ISM Dhanbad) will be allotted strictly on the basis of the student’s All India Rank of JEE Advanced 2018, category rank, and the choices he or she indicates in terms of institutes, courses and branches.
Other institutes also use the JEE Advanced results for admission to their programs too but their names will be announced later. To seek admission to such institutes, candidates will have to contact them directly.
JEE Advanced 2018 Preparation Tips
- Go through JEE Main syllabus and JEE Advanced syllabus carefully. There are slight variations between the two. Note the topics that are solely covered in the ‘Advanced’ syllabus. Also, make a note of subjects and topics you need to prepare only for Class 12 board exams.
- Note down the important books for the exam, buy a suitable set of study material and scout for free resources. askIITians offers free IIT JEE study material that has been designed by a team of ex-IITians and core askIITians subject experts.
- Solve past year papers, take an All India Test Series (AITS), and get help for topics you are not able to understand. While Past Year Papersare a good resources to get a feel for the exam, askIITians AITS tests have been especially designed according to the latest exam pattern, trends and syllabus of the JEE exam.
Do not hesitate to seek timely help to get your doubts cleared. askIITians offers you not only full-fledged 1-yr and 2-yr online coaching programs but also a quick crash course for JEE aspirants and the facility to subscribe just for doubt removal sessions with ex-IITians. In these one-on-one sessions, students can interact with ex-IITians and askIITians faculty to get their last-moment doubts cleared on any topic they like.
JEE Advanced Coaching
While you know everything about JEE Advanced now, you just need an excellent JEE Advanced Coaching. AskIITians has been performing beyond the expectation of the students and parents every year. Our JEE Advanced online coaching is a platform for all IIT aspirants. We don’t care what you score is in your boards. If you have the basics clear or even basics not clear, we will build the foundation for your successful future that every student aspires to build.
You will have a number of advantages on joining our JEE Advanced online coaching. You can check below.
- Excellent faculty from top and reputed colleges and IITs will give you the right edge for your engineering career
- The courses are online and you can learn from the comfort of your home
- The doubt removal sessions for students are a way of enhancing their inquisitive skills
- We will help you solve a number of test papers so that you are confident when the day is nearing
- Batches are small in size for better learning experience
With so much and more, you will have a new plight to your dream. Any doubt, any question, feel free to contact us and we will be there for you round the clock.