The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani is one of the best institutions in India offering technology and engineering programmes as well as other professional courses. It has status of a Deemed to be University under Section 3 of the UGC Act. BITSAT (BITS Admission Test) is a computer-based admission test conducted by BITS, Pilani for its integrated first-degree programmes offered by all its three campuses – Pilani campus, Goa campus and Hyderabad campus.
The admission process of BITSAT 2018 will continue till February 13th March, 2018. Students can choose BITSAT exam date 2018 between 16th May to 31st May, 2018. While filling up BITSAT application form, students will also have to choose up to three exam centres in the order of their preference as well as time slot for the exam.
BITSAT Eligibility 2018
Candidates will only be eligible for BITSAT admission, if they have:
- Cleared Class 12th board examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their subjects in 2017 or will be appearing for the exam in 2018,
- For B. Pharm (Hons) program, students with Physics, Chemistry and Biology in Class 12 can also apply.
- Obtained at least 60% in each of the above-mentioned subjects and at least 75% in aggregate,
- Adequate proficiency in English,
- For students who have taken Class 12 board exams for more than once, only latest performance is considered.
- Present students of any of the BITS campuses will not be eligible to appear for BITSAT 2018.
- BITSAT admission offers a unique proposition for the Board toppers of all the central and state boards in India. All students who obtain first rank in Class 12 board examinations will be given direct admission to the programmes of their choice irrespective of their BITSAT scores, if they meet other eligibility criteria of BITSAT.
The BITSAT Engineering Entrance Exam is conducted online. A candidate is required to sit in front of a computer and choose the correct answer to the question on screen. Unlike the traditional paper-pencil based test, all candidates get a different question set as the computer selects random questions from a question bank in the server. This minimizes the chances of cheating. BITSAT Syllabus 2018 is almost the same as the NCERT syllabus of Class 11 and 12. askIITians experts offer you some excellent online coaching programs for BITSAT preparation.
Also keep a tab on our BITSAT 2018 Notification page to know the latest announcements related to the exam. Click here to access the BITSAT Study Material and BITSAT Revision Notes.